Is there anything better than a beautiful, sun-filled day? Actually, let us rephrase that. Is there anything better than a beautiful, sun-filled day whilst wearing a great outfit? We didn’t think so. To help you make the most of the season, we’re listing out the must-have summer essentials for keeping cool, then we’ll show you how to style them. Take a look at our picks, just ahead.
The top 5 women’s summer essentials
1) Dresses and jumpsuits: These one-and-done pieces are as chic and comfortable as they come.
2) Sleeveless tops: Go sans sleeves for a weather-appropriate approach to a tried-and-true classic.
3) Denim and colored pants: We’re looking to these favorites to liven up our outfits with a bright pop.
4) Shorts: Dress them up or dress them down—either way, they’re great for showing off your legs.
5) Sunglasses: The perfect accessory to complete any look and protect from UV rays. It’s a win-win!
Wear to work
When it comes to a polished summer workwear look, we’re not holding back on color. We’re opting for versatile pieces in bright solids—such as this sleeveless top and cropped trousers—and are pairing them together to create a bold statement. Need help navigating unpredictable office air conditioning? A linen blazer overtop is the perfect solve, plus it adds an undeniably chic touch.
For a night out
If you’re stepping out on a warm summer night, keep it cool with a fuss-free dress. We prefer a simple silhouette to ensure maximum comfort. To keep things from feeling dull, we’re looking to a bold print to spice things up. Throw in some bright, contrasting accessories to finish off the look, and you have an outfit that is ideal for wherever the night takes you.
Or a casual weekend
From running errands to a laid-back brunch, lightweight layers are the name of the game for our days off. Look for a breathable tank made from a woven material to keep you cool. If it’s breezy out, just add a long cardigan. Bring the outfit together with a relaxed pair of shorts—a pair with cute detailing, such as a pleated waist or bow-tie design, offers both comfort and style.
The great thing about these essentials is that they can be worn from work to weekend and everything else in between. Shop your must-haves at a Summer Essentials Appointment.