Women’s fall fashion is all about the staples. A strong base of essentials that are trendy yet versatile enough to create a number of outfits. Ahead, we’re sharing the essentials we recommend adding to your rotation. Take a look, then enjoy a step by step guide for outfit inspiration and easy tips that’ll get you ready for fall.
Here are the essentials to begin with:
1. Tailored blazers
2. Bold sweaters
3. Leather jackets
4. Layering blouses and knits
5. Dark denim
6. Chic booties
7. Structured handbags
With this streamlined selection of mix and match pieces, you’ll notice minimal effort is required when putting together a great ensemble. To show you how easy it is, we’re using the essentials from the list above to create three fall outfits that can be worn for a variety of occasions.
Sometimes the best outfits are the simplest. This quintessential fall date-night outfit is a favorite because it comprises comfortable pieces we’re all familiar with.
- Look for pretty details like ruffles or delicate stitching to make an otherwise simple sweater feel special.
- Skip your standard pair of skinny jeans in favor of wide-leg jeans to give your outfit movement and dimension.
- Add asymmetrical booties and a vintage-inspired bag for a charming finish.
Bold workwear layers
To nail fall dressing, one must learn the art of layering. Below, we’re showing you how to balance textures and colors like a pro.
- Start with fitted blazer made from a thicker material like tweed or corduroy and layer it with a silky blouse.
- Use a print to bring the complementary colors together, like we did with these plaid pants.
- Keep accessories neutral to prevent the outfit from getting too busy.
Chic weekend basicsWhat do you wear for fall days that consist of crisp mornings, warm afternoons, and chilly evenings? If you guessed layers, you’re correct.
- Modernize your ensemble with a sweater tank and a sleek leather jacket. This cozy combo can easily be adjusted depending on the weather.
- Choose slim-cut denim to elongate your legs, and go for a dark wash to add richness to your color palette.
- Finish the look with a structured shoulder bag and stark white booties for an unexpected pop.
Now that you know these fall essentials are a great foundation for any outfit, talk to a personal stylist today about getting them in your next Trunk.