Seventy-Two Percent of Americans Say They can Predict a Person’s Interior Home Design by Looking at Their Wardrobe
Nordstrom Trunk Club teams up with CB2 to launch ‘Live Your Style’ campaign to explore the connection between dressing and decorating
Personal styling service, Nordstrom Trunk Club, and CB2, the modern consumer's destination for apartment, home and office., have teamed up to celebrate all things style – from closet to couch cushions.
The content collaboration is based on a theory: that personal style extends beyond the clothes you wear or the shoes you buy, and is reflected in the environments in which you live. To explore this concept, the brands conducted a nationwide survey to understand the connection between dressing and decorating.
“We are excited to explore a deeper conversation about style and how it influences your everyday life,” said Linda Bartman, Chief Operating Officer at Nordstrom Trunk Club. “Our service inspires and empowers our customers to feel confident in their clothing, and this research shows the connection between what we wear everyday and how we style our home.”
The survey sampled 2,000 consumers in the US. Some key findings include:
• Improved Happiness: Nearly 40 percent said that their overall happiness would improve if their wardrobe and home’s interior were in sync.
• Style is Reflective in Dressing and Decorating: 72 percent of respondents say they can predict both wardrobe based on home interior design and interior home design based on wardrobe at a moderate, high, or very high degree.
• Comfort Reigns King: Respondents who describe their clothing style as “comfortable” or “conservative” are most likely to select “traditional and comfortable” home interior style (61 percent and 63 percent, respectively).
• Living Space Style: Living rooms and bedrooms are in a statistical dead heat for the top room respondents say reflects their personal style, with 53 percent and 52 percent, respectively.
• Doing Your Business: Offices and bathrooms are least likely to be ranked first or second as rooms most reflective of personal style – 19 percent and 18 percent respectively.
• Life Changes: Of all events, respondents are most likely to say marriage has had a significant impact on their style at 27 percent. The birth of a child and new jobs are close behind, at 24 percent and 23 percent, respectively.
“Self-expression is what drives our brand most here at CB2, and we’re excited to continue inspiring creativity amongst consumers through our collaboration with Nordstrom Trunk Club,” said Samie Barr, VP of Marketing at CB2.
Beyond the survey, the brands will launch a seasonal cross-channel marketing campaign showcasing CB2 and Nordstrom Trunk Club trends throughout the year, from how people can apply seasonal fashion trends to their home design and vice versa. Part of this campaign will feature a Nordstrom Trunk Club and CB2 sponsored sweepstakes featuring a $500 gift card to each brand.
Nordstrom Trunk Club members can also experience the partnership first-hand by visiting Nordstrom Trunk Club Chicago Clubhouse where CB2 has created a permanent installation. The CB2 fitting room and lounge space will be updated seasonally to match both fashion and home trends.
About Nordstrom Trunk Club
Nordstrom Trunk Club, which is a Nordstrom company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both online and in-person styling options. Shoppers can visit Nordstrom Trunk Club's Clubhouses in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Nordstrom Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated Trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer's style, fit, and lifestyle preferences. Nordstrom Trunk Club offers everything from weekend casual clothing to formal wear. For more information, visit TrunkClub.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Chicago, CB2 offers stylish home essentials and versatile decor to create environments that complement every lifestyle. From furniture to barware and unexpected accessories, CB2 is an eclectic mix of sophistication and fun for the modern home. For more information, visit www.cb2.com.
Methodological note: This Nordstrom Trunk Club/CB2 survey was conducted using the online survey platform Pollfish, and compiled by DKC Analytics, a division of DKC Public Affairs and Government Relations. The nationwide sample of 2,000 individuals in the United States was surveyed on April 26‐28, 2018. The margin of error is 2.23% and no additional weighting was done to the initial sample. Pollfish's survey platform delivers online surveys globally through mobile apps and the mobile web along with the desktop web.