The sun is shining, temps are rising, and if you haven’t thought about your summer outfits yet, now is the perfect time to do so. Keeping the season’s laid-back and fun vibe in mind, we’re sharing the essential items you’ll want to have on hand. First, we’ll break down the items you’ll need, then we’ll show you how they work for just about any occasion. Keep scrolling for our top five men’s summer fashion must-haves.
The top 5 men’s summer essentials
1) Short-sleeve wovens: These are just as polished as long-sleeve options, but will keep you much cooler with their breathable construction.
2) Classic polos: Think of this as a more structured, versatile alternative to a T-shirt.
3) Tailored shorts: We’re looking to slim-fit, pocketless designs to streamline our looks.
4) Jeans and chinos: Not only are there so many color and fit options to choose from, but they’re easy to dress up or down, too.
5) Sunglasses: A cool accessory that also protects us from UV rays? One can never have too many.
Wear to work
We love wearing polos to the office because they make any outfit look put together. Not only are they comfortable, but the lightweight construction is ideal when it’s unbearably hot outside. If your office attire requires something a little dressier, we suggest adding a linen blazer on top—this will also come in handy for navigating too-cold office air conditioning.
Summer is the perfect time to mix patterned short-sleeve wovens into your rotation. These eye-catching shirts keep your outfits feeling fun and fresh and also allow you to keep the rest of your outfit fairly simple. Wear your statement-making woven with a pair of tailored shorts and crisp white sneakers, then go wherever the weekend takes you.
For a night out
Evening plans call for a polished look? Go for a summer-friendly woven shirt that will allow for easy ventilation, thus allowing you to keep your cool. Then, balance out your breezy shirt with a dark-wash denim to give your outfit a dressier feel. We suggest finishing off the look with a pair of classic loafers, but just don’t forget the no-show socks—these will help keep your feet dry and prevent them from slipping out of your shoes.
Now that you know the importance of having versatile essentials, and their ability to work for so many different occasions, make sure to shop them at a Summer Essentials Appointment.