You can never have too many summer plans, especially ones that take you outdoors. While you’re soaking up the sunshine, we’re making sure you’re styled for a full summer calendar. Let’s go over what to wear (and bring) to your favorite summertime activities.
Local street fest outfits
Music, art, food—whatever you’re into, you’ll be able to find a fest for it. What to wear to a street fest:
• A fuss-free, one-piece outfit.
• Espadrille anything: sandals, wedges, or sneakers.
• A cross-body bag to leave your hands free for eating and shopping.
TIP: Bring a camera, because you’ll never regret it.
What to wear to a movie in the park
It’s one of our favorite date-night suggestions. What to wear:
• Casual and comfy fabrics, like cotton and denim.
• A layer to throw on when the sun goes down.
• Straight-leg jeans with a comfy amount of stretch.
TIP: Bring a large tote bag to hold a blanket and lots of snacks.
Al fresco dinner date looks
Take advantage of the long summer nights while you can. What to wear:
• An elegant dress in a midi length.
• Statement jewelry to catch the summer evening sun.
• A pair of block-heel sandals for a post-dinner stroll.
TIP: Rich tones aren’t just for the cool months. Try a saturated shade of your favorite color.
How to dress for a backyard BBQ
You never need a reason to have one. What to wear:
• Lots of adorable, stackable tassel bracelets.
• A comfy pair of sneakers or flat sandals.
• Your best cornhole game face!
Farmers market style inspiration
Summer’s favorite (and most delicious) past time. What to wear:
• A sun hat to keep the rays out of your eyes.
• A breezy pair of cropped trousers.
• Chic accessories to elevate your outfit.
TIP: Go green and bring your own tote or backpack to carry your goodies.
What to wear on a hiking trip
Whether you’re near home or traveling somewhere new, summer is the time to explore. What to wear:
• A pair of joggers with lots of pockets.
• A belt bag that’s both trendy and functional.
• A hat as well as a pair of sunglasses—it never hurts to double up on sun protection.
TIP: Always pack sunscreen.
If you have any special summer occasions coming up, feel free to message your stylist, and they’ll be happy to help.